4 Post-Processing Mistakes Made by Beginners
Do Now: Monday, 12/12/2018
- Read the article and describe the images below.
- Turn and talk to your neighbor, be prepared to share out.
- Using photographic compositional terms;
- Describe what do you see?
- How the images make you feel?
- What visual threads tie the images together?
Refer to the photographic compositional link above for ideas and accurate terms to describe the image(s), then choose three concepts to elaborate on, for example:
- Speak about the camera angle / lens choice / background / the props and lighting.
- Does the image follow the rule of thirds (please explain in detail)?
- Describe the compositional elements of the image(s); shape & form / line / space / value / texture and color within the image.
- Describe the compositional principles within the image(s); emphasis / balance / unity / contrast / movement & rhythm / pattern / repetition within the images.
These tips are great for any storytelling project with subjects. Learn from others, experiment and find your own style!