- Grades are determined through the combination of students’ performance, preparation, and project/portfolio results.
- Preparedness for class includes purchasing supplies needed to complete assignments. Should this present a problem please discuss with your art teacher and/or guidance counselor.
- Professional and classroom grade : 25% Comprised of student work habits, notebook, class work, class participation and discussion, and classroom demeanor.
- Homework Grade: 15% Includes homework including thumbnails, roughs, responsive reading, annotations, artists statements, etc.
- Project/Portfolio grade: 40% Comprised of students’ projects : both in class and at home; research, museum reports and end of term portfolio reviews. Incomplete work will receive no higher than a 55% of the total of the 40%
- Exam and assessments: 20% Midterm and final exams, tests, quizzes, written essays and research. Also included are oral and digital presentations.
- Incomplete work will receive no higher than a 55%
Liberty High School Grading Policy
2020 Liberty High School School-Wide Rubric
Liberty High School, Assessment / Grading Policy:
- Exams = 40% of final grade
- Quizzes = 30% of final grade
- Classwork & Participation = 30% of final grade