There are many ways to light a headshot. The goal of any professional headshot or branding portrait is to show an image that represents the best version of you.
Hair & makeup for headshots and personal branding are incredibly important to keep current. Working with a professional MUA/Hair/Groomer helps you look and feel your best self under professional lights. This reduces retouching time and will help you feel like your best self!
Below are a few different approaches by headshot photographers that break down the process and share their best practices. Enjoy!
Video tutorials & tips:
- Lighting My Favourite Lighting for Business Headshots
- Lighting Learn How to Take Low and High Key Headshots Like a Pro
- Lighting – tips for consistent color Headshot Photography HACKS: How To Get AWESOME Color In Your Headshots & Portraits
- Personal Branding Posing Photography Tips – Workshop Model
- Headshot poses for hands
- Headshot Makeup Tutorial details matter
- Headshot multiple looks, consider your goal and personal preference for your business
- Actor Tips Acting Headshot
- What to wear for headshots — Wardrobe tips for your photoshoot
- Makeup & Hair – for your Professional Headshot
- Headshots for actors PHOTOSHOP – HOW TO EDIT ACTOR HEADSHOTS
Link to site Headshot guide for actors OR download guide below
Link to branding posing flows